Your 3 go to recipes for a can or two of chickpeas. Even though my husband will look in the pantry and remind me we do not need anymore chickpeas…I keep extra around as my boys will eat two cans in one sitting.
- Roasted as a snack. Drain and rinse chickpeas, toss in a bowl with olive oil and seasoning, and roast at 400 for around 30 minutes. I use a premade spice from Savory Spice called La Plata, but for those who like to make their own, its a mix of toasted onion, garlic, salt, cumin, Mexican oregano, crushed red pepper, black pepper, chile powder. Great to pack for school lunches too!
- Next up, quick easy sheet pan dinner from Fine Cooking Magazine. Curried Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower, Apricots, and Olives. It doesn’t call for them, but I rinse and drain two cans of chickpeas and add to the pan. So good!
- Greek Quinoa Bowls. Easy, healthy, and delicious for lunch or dinner. You can always add shredded chicken for additional protein.
3 go to recipes for a pork butt or shoulder. All three can be made in either a crockpot or Instapot.
- Carnitas Tacos. This recipe comes from Epicurious, and has been my go to for years now (probably the sweetened condensed milk). If you want to feel a bit healthier, omit the lard, I don’t notice a big difference either way. Serve with corn tortillas and cilantro/onion topping…Dice white onion, dice one bunch cilantro, mix together with juice of one lime.
- Cubans. If you dont have a press, you can use a heavy pot or iron skillet to press your sandwiches for a toasty finish.
- Asian Pork Tacos. These are damn delicious. You can double the recipe and freeze half for an easy freezer meal.
Instructions: Sear 3 lb pork but in sesame oil on all sides. Mix the following ingredients and pour over pork:
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Sriracha to taste
Set the insta pot high pressure, and cook for 1 hour. Serve with the following: Flour tortillas, pickled jalapeño and cucumber topping, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, cilantro.
Pickled jalapeño and cucumber topping: Mix the following and let sit while pork is cooking, even better over night.
- 1 cucumber sliced thin and halved
- 4-6 jalapenos sliced thin
- 6 tablespoons rice wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
I know, I know.. Insta pot is all the rage, but as a busy working Mama it pretty much out on my counter 5 out of 7 days a week. Certain things take longer than others, but I am absolutely thrilled when I can find an easy dinner recipe that is done in under 30 minutes. Here are 3 of my favorites this month.
- Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen. So delicious, as is most everything that comes out of Half Baked Harvest. This was done in 30 minutes, no joke. And I’ve already had the leftovers for lunch twice this week.
- Creamy Shells and Beef. Super kid friendly, great leftovers, and under 30 minutes start to finish.
- Shredded Chicken for Tacos, Quesadillas, or Enchiladas. You can start with frozen chicken which makes this even easier for a busy weeknight last minute dinner idea. I double the recipe so I have leftovers to turn into enchiladas, Mexican salad, or Mexican quinoa bowl.
This is the excerpt for your very first post.
Im not a recipe creator, but more a recipe finder and tweaker. I read a ton of cooking websites and blogs searching for new recipe ideas. No offense to my favorite writers, you are all doing an amazing job and I love your food. But truth be told, when I’m moving at high speed, I don’t have time for 3k words. Im all about the ‘skip to recipe’ button. Then it dawned on me, I’m not alone here. Who’s got time for searching, reading, planning, let alone cooking. I’m tired just saying all that.
And with this, Momficient was born. My hope is to cut through the noise and serve up some of my favorite recipes, food ideas, and tips and tricks to make your life a little easier in and out of the kitchen.
If I can remove just a small fraction of your frazzle then I’ve done my job. I truly hope you enjoy!